Thursday, May 22, 2008

From A Pardoned Prisoner




After 10 months, finally, I'm freed from prison.

I'm seeing lots of wonderful things surrounding me. It's really nice to be out here than being bound in chains. The butterflies and flowers I've seen from a distance, now can be touched and felt and can be seen even closer. There are so many things I've missed while I was tortured behind bars. I'm just grateful that I was given pardon and now, finally enjoying the beauty of God's creations.

Well, you just can't imagine how grateful I am to the Lord and Heavenly Father for leading me to the right path. I admit I was very careless then and never thought of the future. I only considered things at the moment and refused to see the future ahead.

Eternity is a long way. I should have been cautious then in making sure that my choices were right. I now am bouncing back and have realized my mistakes. I could really feel the love of a Father to His dearest daughter. I may have strayed for a countless times yet His love never faded and He let me learn my lessons so well. The consequences of my choices and the lessons I've learned are now being embedded in my heart and mind. I have to be more careful in every choice I'll make and have to consult my Father in Heaven, the Father of us all.

The only good thing is I've proven that I'm indeed strong despite of how awful the past journey had been. Oops! Let me correct my word, it was not totally awful. There were also marvelous things I've seen which kept me wonder even until now. I'm asking myself, "Why on earth did it happen and how come he has to be this way?" Questions that only a genius can answer. My comprehension is not as wide-ranged as a genius. I could not fathom every detail of that journey I had.

One thing that I have and the only consolation is I have untiring friends who are always there. Friends who are just right there even in the nick of time - friends who are that willing to listen and answer my calls and messages during wee hours. I'm thankful that the people I'm associated with are strong in their dispositions and have right perspective in life.

The gospel is a great source of strength. The gospel encompasses everything. If we all want to be good, the gospel teaches us how. Having the fullness of the gospel, helps how to respond properly when life's challenges quenched us the hardest way. The storm that came my way was, I think, the strongest. But I'm still here, standing stronger than I was before the storm.

My family also played a crucial role in this ordeal. Their counsels and words of comfort helped me stand for what I know is right and best for me. I just could not imagine my reaction to this trial without them.

I'm so thankful too for our Bishop who is indeed a man called of God. He truly can discern perfectly what's right and what's not. My Relief Society President's presence and strength gave me courage enough to get out totally from the prison-like life.

Right now, I can sleep well. I can smile with no worries and anxiety. I feel better. I was able to renew my strength and revived my confidence, self-respect, and love of self.

Thanks! I have learned that eternity is not just a destination that we can easily book tickets and wait for the scheduled departure. It's a prize that two people must earn. It's a prize that only those who deserve gets. It’s a prize that should and must be worked out for.

I know that eternity is something I must work for. But I think my next assignment is to give myself time to discover new horizons.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home