Tuesday, January 12, 2010

November 2008 Coron, Palawan Experience

Wishing that I could take a break and change the orientation that my eyes are seeing each day, I have prayed about it.

One day, a dear friend called me and told me that there’s an inexpensive trip going to one of the Philippines’ best tourist destinations – Coron, Palawan. And when a rare opportunity knocks on your door, what else would you do? Of course, I’m opening my door wide enough to invite and welcome it in. I might as well grab it as fast as I can. It is quite an exciting weekend getaway because we haven’t taken a ferry trip for years already. This time, we have chosen to.

It is like a fourteen hour boat ride so the two of us are thinking of the things to do not to get bored on the trip. Yet, being tagged as “busy women”, we don’t see each other except during the scheduled vacations.

When that day came, we both went to our offices early that morning until before lunch. Then we met at Jen’s place. The scheduled time for the ferry to leave is at 5pm.

Instead of going an hour before the scheduled departure, we left her apartment about one or two in the afternoon because we need to get my ticket at the ferry office. However, no matter how early we were, life has complications and we are about to take our share.

We had a hard time getting a cab to the pier. Then when we finally got one, we were slowed down by a heavy traffic. But we are proactive women and just talk the worries away. When we finally reached Pier 15, we rushed to the ticketing office. Since, it was our first time to get ticket right at the dock, the people tossed us to and fro. People at the pier told us to go one place only to realize later that it’s not the right one. With our bags, cams, and tripod we moved from one point to another under the sun’s heat and crazy drizzles. I said crazy because…who can have drizzles under the super powerful sun heating us both on the fully cemented place. We were not totally soaked by the drizzling rain, but with our sweat, I was thinking we could get pneumonia. It, probably, took us about an hour before I finally got hold of my ticket.

To make the story short, we were able to fix it, got my ticket and off to Coron the two of us. The rest is history! The whole Coron, Palawan was great! Jen and I had a wonderful time enjoying nature and meeting new friends. :)
at Banana Island... we wondered why Banana Island, actually, because we saw zero banana there... Hehehe!!!

with new found friends... still at Banana Island.

Jen at Barracuda Lake

at Banana Island... postcard-ready pic. hehehe!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home